Biochemistry of Hepatitis A (Biochemical Tests)

Biochemistry of Hepatitis A

What is Hepatitis A Virus? Hepatitis A virus (HAV) is a cause of acute liver inflammation or hepatitis. It can cause relapsing signs and symptoms but not a chronic infection. The virus is a 27-nm-diameter non-enveloped RNA virus. It belongs to the family Picornaviridae and the genus Hepatovirus. Viral transmission occurs in a fecal-oral fashion. The … Read more Biochemistry of Hepatitis A (Biochemical Tests)

Difference between biodegradation and bioremediation

Difference between biodegradation and bioremediation

The key difference between biodegradation and bioremediation is that biodegradation is a natural process that occurs in the environment.  On the other hand, bioremediation is an engineered technique applied by humans to clean the environment. Both processes are governed mainly by the microorganisms. A large number of bacterial and fungal species possess the capability of … Read more Difference between biodegradation and bioremediation

Diabetes and its treatment by 4 FDA Approved Drugs

Diabetes and its treatment by FDA Approved Drugs

Diabetes is a set of condition that occurs due to disruptions in metabolism which is described by high blood sugar level that results from the deficiency of secretion of insulin, action of insulin, or both of the phenomenon is called diabetes [1]. Here in this, I will be discussing diabetes and its treatment by FDA … Read more Diabetes and its treatment by 4 FDA Approved Drugs

Biosynthesis of cholesterol and its regulation

Cholesterol levels in the body originate from its biosynthesis and diet. Most of the cholesterol used by active adults is produced in the liver, which produces ~70% of daily cholesterol demand (~1 gram). The other 30% originates from dietary absorption. Biosynthesis of cholesterol commonly happens in the endoplasmic reticulum of hepatic cells. It starts with … Read more Biosynthesis of cholesterol and its regulation

Pancreatic hormones

Pancreatic hormones

Pancreas The pancreas is a glandular organ in the upper mid-region, however, it fills in as two organs in one: a stomach related exocrine organ and a hormone-delivering endocrine organ. Working as an exocrine organ, the pancreas discharges catalysts to separate the proteins, lipids, sugars, and nucleic acids in nourishment. Working as an endocrine organ, … Read more Pancreatic hormones